Tips and Tricks
Use Snipping Tool to Capture Screen Shots
I have this accessory pinned on my Quick Launch Bar so that I have instant access. I love the Snipping Tool . Its available in most current Windows editions.
1. To find the snipping tool .
- Click on the Start Menu and type ?snipping tool ? into the search box.
- Snipping Tool will show up in the programs list. Click on it to open the program.
- The window will appear on your screen. It provides several options if you click on the ?new? drop down menu. You can move this window out of your way, but it disappears once you begin . The background screen dimms until you start .
2. Snipping Tool Features.
You can use the to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image. Save and upload your snip into any presentation. Simply use a mouse or tablet pen to capture any of the following types of snips:
- Free-form Snip. Draw an irregular line, such as a circle or a triangle, around an object.
- Rectangular Snip. Draw a precise line by dragging the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
- Window Snip. Select a window, such as a browser window or dialog box, that you want to capture.
- Full-screen Snip. Capture the entire screen when you select this type of snip. (Courtesy of Windows Microsoft)
3. Using the snipping tool
- The Snipping Tool assumes you are ready to create a new snip as soon as it opens. The screen dims. Click and drag your cursor or stylus to select an area. As you drag, the selected area will be darker and surrounded by a red border.
- Release the mouse button. The snip will open in its own window. If you need to redo the snip, click the ?New? button.
- Use the pen or highlighter in the bar to add markups. The eraser erases unwanted markups.
- Email a screen shot. Use the ?Send to? button to email without saving the Snip.
- Copy the Snip. This saves the snip on your clipboard. Now you can Paste the Snip.
- Save the Snip. Use the Save as feature to choose location and type of file (png, jpeg, gif, or html).
- Save for Easy Access. Save on Quick Launch Bar by either dragging it down or right clicking on the icon in the start menu and choosing ?Pin to Taskbar? or if you prefer ?Pin to Start Menu.?
For more Tricks and Tips visit www.edtechtips.org